Have you ever thought about 3D LiDAR for perimeter protection for your customers?
SAIMOS and its System Integrators have customers, which are running critical infrastructures or in general have a high need in security. Such customers appreciate the SAIMOS LiDAR approach. Especially, because SAIMOS adds geo-spatial analytics that is seamlessly integrated into Milestone XProtect.
What are the advantages of an open platform?
Similar to XProtect, SAIMOS is an open platform when it comes to sensor integration (LiDAR, Radar, etc.) as well as Video Analytics and Geographic Information Systems (GIS). The SAIMOS generic approach allows seamless integration of these technologies. Further, it’s a huge advantage that SAIMOS is purely Intel CPU powered - no need for expensive GPU’s. Thus, the SAIMOS approach significantly reduces server HW costs.
How could an operator of critical infrastructure make use of VMS, VA, LiDAR and GIS?
Due to project confidentiality, let’s talk about a hypothetical customer using Milestone XProtect and SAIMOS LiDAR and Radar.The customer's operator runs a quite large port and wanted to secure the premises against intrusion from the water side. Both LiDAR and Radar are used for that task via the SAIMOS 3D integration.
The operator asked for:
Situational Awareness, which he got via the SAIMOS Control Center. It’s a full-fledged Web GIS with a mapping user interface, allowing the operator to see all moving objects and respective alarms on a map in real-time. In addition, objects of interest can be marked on the map for PTZ- and cross-camera tracking.
- Alarm Zone Control via the map user interface, which was provided by a functionality to graphically click an alarm zone to disarm it for a defined period of time to allow loading/unloading operations for specific vessels.
- Alarm Zone Control via an Intercom, which was provided by SAIMOS to allow the crew to embark within a certain period of time without creating a false alarm. This is done by calling a telephone number and providing a secret code typed in.
- Thermal Cameras, which were used for additional perimeter security using SAIMOS Perimeter.
- Speed up Access Control for Vehicles, which was implemented based on R&D works by SAIMOS and resulted in the SAIMOS Vehicle Occupancy Detector.
- Additional Business Intelligence, which was provided by using the LiDAR sensor for multiple purposes to generate information including a seamless heatmap, counting/tracking objects, identifying accurate vicinity of objects and having all of such historical data stored for later analytics.
Due to its open approach, rich product portfolio and R&D capabilities, SAIMOS was able to provide all of the above within a Milestone Interconnected environment.
How does SAIMOS LiDAR work?
SAIMOS Control Center offers enhanced situational awareness by combining XProtect, sensor data, and
video analytics with geospatial analytics. The accurate and reliable 3D LiDAR data lets your customers quickly identify incidents as they occur and trigger alarms whenever trespassers enter restricted areas. It’s possible to stitch several LiDAR sensors throughout an area to deliver geographically complete coverage. Operators can detect, track, and classify objects based on the 3D point cloud received from the LiDAR sensors. Furthermore, LiDAR perception algorithms provide anonymized data on detected individuals - without collecting Personal Identifiable Information to satisfy GDPR sensitive environments.
Flexibility and lower total cost of ownership
Available on-premise and in the Cloud, SAIMOS integrates seamlessly into Milestone XProtect and Intel OpenVino enabling great flexibility, advanced vision capabilities, and deep learning inference using CPUs. With no GPU required and easy deployment, configuration, and management, SAIMOS requires less hardware and labor cost and offers lower Total Cost of Ownership.